Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Gentle (not so) Giant?

Words I never thought I would say. Ever.
"Honey, don't sit on his head, OK? That hurts him."

After the parade on the 4th of July, we went to our friends' house for lunch and for C to play with her friend Jack. This is the little boy she smooched at the parade.


He is exactly 2 weeks younger than Caroline. Such a cougar, that one.

So we went over there and they played and played...not really with each other, more like independently in the same space. But still, it gave the moms a chance to catch up! 

Then it was time for lunch. We put the babies in the pack and play while we ate. Which is precisely when my feisty girl decided to wage war against sweet Jack. First, she sat on his head. Then, laughed when he cried. 

Side note: Seriously, this happens often. Every time she hears a baby cry, she laughs. When she was in the infant room at school, she would shriek, which scared the other children, which made them cry hysterically, which made C laugh. 

Anyway. Then we hear a scream followed by more crying coming from the baby whose name does not start with C. I whip around to find C using him as a ladder. There she was, climbing all over the poor guy, using him to try to escape the pack and play. When I shockingly ran over there and snatched her up, explaining why we don't climb on our friends, she just looked at me like, "what? I didn't do anything."

Oh sweet Caroline. She's so gentle.

No comments:

Post a Comment