I've been bad with the blogging, this I know...sadly (or maybe not so sadly) things have been a bit uneventful around here as of late.
However, I would like to give you all a little snippet of daily life with the Barfields.
Here is a conversation that took place last night:
me: Ummm, can you please put your shirt away instead of taking it off and throwing it on top of the dresser?
Drew: Sure? Why?
me; Because this morning when I went to turn my alarm off, I thought it was a raccoon curled up. Then I thought maybe it was a cat, but I realized that didn't make any sense, so naturally it had to be a raccoon.
Drew: (laughing) What?! What made you think it was a raccoon?
me: Because it was curled up and looked JUST like one. I even quickly poked at it (twice) to see if it was awake. Didn't the neighbors have a bird in their house once? If they can have a bird, we could totally have a raccoon.
Drew: How do you think this raccoon got in the house?
me: Through the chimney vent thing that you forgot to close after our last fire. Clearly leaving it open is like putting down a welcome mat for creatures to enter our house.
Drew: I don't think creatures can get in our house from the vent.
me: YES they can!! But that's not even the point. The point is I thought your shirt was a raccoon and it totally ruined my 5 snooze minutes because the fear woke me up so fast I couldn't go back to sleep.
During the baseball playoffs we had a conversation about Rangers pitcher Cliff Lee. I thought he was Dominican for some reason. I also thought he looked like Cliff from that season of Top Chef. I was way off, and for some reason, this was hilarious to Drew.
I like to think Drew's life was dull before I entered it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
brandon: "we should have conversations like that. i'm gonna start leaving my shirt on your alarm."
ReplyDeletesounds like our house, though I can deal with the clothes on the floor...for me its the shoes because they HURT when I step on them in the dark
ReplyDelete